Saturday, September 5, 2015

Hometown by Handlebar

In the past, I lived in plenty of fascinating places and history was everywhere. While teaching in the Czech Republic, if I had a three day weekend, I would hitchhike to Vienna, spend a couple of days in Prague, or take a trip to the ruins of a robber baron castle a few kilometers from my home. There was always something new to learn. These days I am back home in Fort Worth, and I focus my attention on Texas in general and my immediate surroundings in particular.

A blog that I really enjoy is Hometown by Handlebar. When I first starting reading it, little did I know that it was written by former Fort Worth Star-Telegram writer Mike Nichols. When I was kid, I always loved reading his humor column after getting home from school. In fact, it was probably Nichols' tutelage through that column that landed me at the UIL state journalism competition my senior year of high school. Here is the link to Hometown by Handlebar.

http://hometownbyhandlebar.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment