Saturday, September 22, 2018

Austin Bound

"Ink Upon the Furrows," a new story set in Waylon County, was named the winner of the 2018 Texas Observer Short Story Contest last Thursday. I am thankful to Judge Natalia Sylvester and the Texas Observer for this dream come true; and I am grateful to the people, both living and departed, whose influence made this story possible, including my late stepfather, Randy Kunze, who, when I told him I had been offered a job in Northern Bohemia, handed me a Czech phrasebook and encouraged me to do what he had always dreamed of doing, move to Europe.

At this time I would like to announce that I will be joining the other Texas Observer Short Story Contest finalists for a reading at a Texas Book Festival Lit Crawl event in Austin on October 27 at Gelateria Gemelli, 1009 E. 6th Street. The event will start at 9:30 pm. If you live in Austin, will be in Austin, or would like to be in Austin for the Bookfest, please mark your calendar. Thanks again to all of my friends and family for your unflagging support. I couldn't make it without you.








  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment