Saturday, February 27, 2016

Boyd, Texas: Home of Chewbacca

When he is not firing his blaster at stormtroopers or co-piloting the Millennium Falcon, Chewbacca can be found cooling his heels in Boyd, Texas, a town of approximately 1,500 inhabitants. Until recently, I considered Boyd to be a normal terrestrial setting known largely for the Cajun restaurant on its main drag. Boyd is also the birthplace of my memaw, a woman who, to the best of my knowledge, never left our solar system in her lifetime. Recently I learned that Peter Mayhew, the English actor who plays Chewbacca, is a resident of Boyd, which gives me joy. I was always a fan of Chewbacca, and as a child, besides wanting to cruise around the universe fighting Darth Vader, I wanted to have a chess set just like Chewbacca's. However, were I to have played with him, I assuredly would have let the Wookie win.



Here is C3P0 giving some sagacious advice to R2D2 regarding Wookies.


Image result for chewbacca

No comments:

Post a Comment