Friday, May 6, 2016

Chicken Bingo

Some folks would say that if you ain't never played chicken bingo, you ain't never been to Texas. Well, I've never played chicken bingo, but I have been in Ginny's Little Longhorn Saloon in Austin on a Sunday afternoon to see it played. During the summer, Ginny's Little Longhorn can be hotter than Bikram Yoga because there is no air conditioning, but it is totally worth it. Apparently, I've heard, experiencing chicken bingo should be on every Texan's bucket list, though the term bucket list kinda makes me cringe. If you happen to be in Austin on a Sunday, I would recommend visiting Ginny's Little Longhorn and, after putting a couple of bucks on a square, listening to Dale Watson play some honkytonk tunes.

Here's a link to Texas Highway's short video about chicken bingo:


Image result for chicken bingo

Image result for chicken bingo

No comments:

Post a Comment