Sunday, May 22, 2016

Parker County Peaches

This weekend Martina and I went to my aunt and uncle's house in Parker County for some fine fellowship and to pick some peaches from their trees. Thus, today was like the Golden Peach Jubilee at our house. We were in such a Dionysian state of peach worship that I could envision us riding the royal float at the Golden Peach Jubilee and waving joyfully to the smiling throngs, all the while tossing samples of the blushing fruit to the adoring crowd. After my daydream disappeared, I discovered that Martina had made a sensational peach cobbler and I had conjured up some splendid peach salsa that was dined upon on the porch.

One of the most ridiculous songs I believe I have heard in a long while is about the town of Weatherford, the Parker County seat. The musical artist alleges that Weatherford is home to the best peaches in the state, a boast that the folks in Gillespie County would likely dispute. This song about Weatherford and its peaches had exactly three views when I visited, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't give it a gander just for kicks.



No comments:

Post a Comment