Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Eponymous Vinyl

The other day I stumbled across a copy of Willis Alan Ramsey's eponymous 1972 album at a used record store. The album is Ramsey's one and only, and folks from Jimmie Dale Gilmore to Jerry Jeff Walker to the Captain and Tennille have covered songs from it. I even read that Lyle Lovett dug Ramsey so much that he bought the same kind of shoes.

After more than four decades, a second album is in the works, though a 2013 flood at Ramsey's Colorado studio was a major setback. There is a rainbow, however, because according to Ramsey's website, Gentilly, as the album will be called, was in final production this February. And considering Ramsey's preference of quality over quantity, I am sure that the album will be met with acclaim.

Here is a song from former Dallas resident Willis Alan Ramsey's self-titled album. And yes, after finding no scratches on the vinyl, I added this one to my collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment