Saturday, May 25, 2019

AMON! The Ultimate Texan

This morning Martina and I had the pleasure of attending AMON! The Ultimate Texan at the Artisan Center Theater. AMON!, which was written by Dave Lieber, is a one-man show about the life of Fort Worth's greatest advocate, Amon G. Carter.

Being a Fort Worth boy who began reading the Star-Telegram in elementary school, I have been aware of Carter's importance almost all of my life, and I am absolutely thrilled to have had the opportunity to see this production. Kelvin Dilks, in the role of Amon G. Carter, gave a memorable performance, and I truly enjoyed the humor, humanity, and beauty he shared from the stage. 

Tonight I doff my Peters Brothers hat to Lieber, Dilks, director Connie Sanchez, and the Artisan for this wonderful gift to Fort Worth and the Lone Star State. Amon Carter, the publisher, philanthropist, and forward-thinking businessman, is surely smiling down from the great Shady Oak Farm in the sky.


  
Please note, gentle reader, that this blog post is not a review, for a Fort Worth native who has known the star of the show for more than thirty years is not exactly an impartial critic. So I'll call this post what it is- a boy from Cowtown's praise for a show that made his heart swell with civic pride. Hurray for AMON! The Ultimate Texan!

No comments:

Post a Comment