Saturday, October 3, 2015

Oktoberfest in Fredericksburg

The lederhosen time of year has arrived in Texas. I have plenty of fond memories of Oktoberfest in Fredericksburg. I remember my wife, who had to take dancing lessons before her graduation ball in Bohemia many years ago, telling my stepdad in a menacing tone, "You want polka? I'll show you polka." The line could have been in a schmaltzy version of The Terminator.

Even if you're not a fan of oompah, the energy is nice and the love of culture and tradition is ever-present. My mother donned her dirndl last night and volunteered as she has many times before. Although the crowds get larger every year, Oktoberfest in Fred is a fine time. "Ein Prosit! Ein Prosit!" as the song goes...


Image result for fredericksburg oktoberfest

No comments:

Post a Comment