Sunday, February 19, 2017

Delbert McClinton and Teresa James at the Granada

Last night we saw Delbert McClinton and Teresa James & the Rhythm Tramps at the Granada Theater in Dallas. Teresa opened with a great set and later joined Delbert for a fine duet. Although I was born and raised in Fort Worth and lived a few blocks from Jacksboro Highway for much of my childhood, this was the first time I ever saw Delbert McClinton, who actually began his career on that rough and tumble highway. I knew a bit about him, but I had never seen him. I knew that he had played with Muddy Waters, Jimmy Reed, Lightnin' Hopkins, and Sonny Boy Williamson II, and I knew that he had actually taught John Lennon a thing or two about playing the blues harp, but I had never seen him live. Delbert did not disappoint. The show was great, and when I heard him covering Muddy Waters, it almost gave me chills.

Image result for delbert mcclinton




No comments:

Post a Comment