Sunday, August 25, 2019

Great People and Fine Books

Over the last couple of years, my life has been greatly enriched by the people I have met and the books and journals I have encountered. I have been fortunate to have met so many accomplished writers, and the common denominator among them has been kindness and humility. I have found myself impressed by their integrity and character, qualities that are truly more important than literary success.

Many of the books and journals that have made their way to my nightstand were written by writers I have met. Others were written by writers alongside whose work I have found my own. And I must say that these days I am more excited about reading than I have been since my years in Yellowstone. I have come to find myself in a beautiful new world of ideas and impressions, a world of wonder and blessings. For all of this, I am so very grateful.


Monahans Sandhills State Park, December 2019



No comments:

Post a Comment