Thursday, March 3, 2016

Charlie Robison: A Song for Bandera

These days our population is increasing at a mad, mad clip, and back roads have become major thoroughfares in my part of Tarrant County. Consequently, the folks around here seem to be losing their minds. We're not used to bumper to bumper traffic on what until recently were country roads. Bonds Ranch Road, which is just beyond my doorstep, is now less ranch than road as a local newscaster put it. My hometown is barely recognizable any more, and I truly lament it. In an attempt at escapism, I decided to watch Charlie Robison's "My Hometown" video clip. The footage is a valentine to Bandera, and the song is an antidote to "coulda shoulda woulda." It is a story of missed chances presented without varnish. But, you know, I reckon much worse things could happen to a fella than to be stuck in Bandera, "The Cowboy Capital of Texas."


    

No comments:

Post a Comment