Thursday, December 21, 2017

Texas Christmas: Cranberry Salsa Recipe

In my lifetime, I have had the good fortune to visit many nations and enjoy their culinary delights. I've eaten venison ragout in Slovenia, laap in Laos, falafel in Turkey, chilaquiles in Mexico, and many other fine dishes in the streets and restaurants of the world. So it probably comes as no surprise that the cuisine at our place can be a bit varied. In a single week, breakfast might be bagels and lox one day, khao tom (Thai breakfast soup) the next day, and bacon, eggs, and hashed browns the day after that.     

At our house, the holiday menu can be just as varied. One of my favorite holiday treats is a Tex-Mex-Nueva Inglaterra fusion dish, cranberry salsa. As promised a few days ago, I have shared my recipe below. It can be eaten with tortilla chips or served as a relish with a holiday meal. If served as a relish, I would recommend adding a dash of salt.

Using a food processor, add the following ingredients:

1 bag of cranberries
2 seeded jalapenos
1 bunch of green onions
3/4 bunch of cilantro
1/2 cup of sugar
1 tablespoon of olive oil
Juice of one large lime

I would recommend giving the bag of cranberries a few pulses in the food processor before adding the jalapenos, green onions, and cilantro so that these ingredients don't become liquefied. Let the salsa chill overnight, and enjoy your culinary victory the next day. Yeehaw!



No comments:

Post a Comment