Saturday, November 28, 2015

Trigger Look-Alike Contest

Last night we saw Willie Nelson play at a den of vice just across the Oklahoma line. The show, of course, started with "Whiskey River" and ended with a benediction, Hank Williams' "I Saw the Light." In between, Willie played Django Reinhardt's "Nuances," Hank's "Jambalaya," "Hey Good Lookin', and "Move It On Over," Billy Joe Shaver's "Georgia on a Fast Train," Willie and Waylon's "Good Hearted Woman," Willie's "Crazy" and "Night Life," "Georgia," "Always On My Mind," and several others.

Near the end of the show, Willie played "Living in the Promised Land," which in this day and age is an incredibly brave political statement. Willie Nelson has never been one to pander to popular opinion, and last night he again showed his courage and conviction regarding an issue about which much of his fan base is likely in absolute disagreement.

After the show, while sitting on my couch, I came to discover that one of my house shoes bears a striking resemblance to Trigger. In fact, I think it could win a "Trigger Look-Alike Contest." I will clearly be asking Santa for new house shoes this year.



Image result for trigger guitar



No comments:

Post a Comment