Saturday, April 2, 2016

Stevie Ray: Voodoo Chile

Last weekend I had the opportunity to meet Danny Garrett, the artist who created many of the concert posters for Antone's over the years. We talked about his meeting Muddy Waters and John Lee Hooker, and he told me an anecdote about a collector and his obsession with pristine Stevie Ray Vaughan posters. This, of course, got me to thinking about Stevie Ray Vaughan and his music, and tonight I decided to spin "Live Alive" for the first time in a long while. I had almost forgotten what a brilliant, electrifying guitarist SRV was. If you haven't listened to him in a while, try this version of "Voodoo Chile: Slight Return." It is so incredible that it will bring out the Faustian conspiracist in just about anybody.  


This is one of Danny Garrett's SRV posters. Signed prints can be purchased on his website at dannygarrett.com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment