Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Celebrating World Radio Day

One day I was hitchhiking to Vienna in the snow with another American I had met in Cesky Krumlov, in southern Czech Republic, and we got picked up by a trucker at a gas station just off the main highway. The trucker spoke good English, and he told us about his son who was living in America. It was a nice, casual conversation, and it was great to see Austria rolling by from the cab of a big rig.

The snow was blowing in wild flurries, and the windshield wipers were slapping time while the radio played. About halfway to Vienna, a German version of "Me and Bobby McGee" came on the radio. It was a really nice moment, a moment I have carried with me for years, and I thought it might be a good story to share on a day celebrating our friends on the dial.

Here is Texas' own Kris Kristofferson playing what is perhaps his most well-known composition.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment