Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Yellow Roses (of Texas)

Valentine's Day is a great day to watch men fumble around in stores looking at flowers and nighties and jewelry and other things they are not accustomed to buying. We tend to scratch our heads, make uncomfortable expressions, and ask random women for their opinions. 

This afternoon at the grocery store I was one of many men on a solo mission to bring the wife joy. Being a Valentine's Day veteran, I strolled in the store with confidence, and without asking for any female counsel whatsoever, acquired Valentine's Day goods for the lovely wife. I reckon I achieved some level of success considering that I arrived home with yellow roses and chocolate-covered strawberries in tow.  

Here is a little Valentine song from Uncle Willie. Happy Valentine's Day, y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment