Sunday, August 20, 2017

Texas Eclipse

While monkeying around online, I found a picture of some solar-eclipse-gazing astronomers at the S.W. Lomax farm in Fort Worth on July 29, 1878, the year after Reconstruction ended in the South. Tomorrow's eclipse comes during what could be described as the Deconstruction era in America, though the Texas Miracle traffic outside my door makes me think that we are living in the Construction era. Regardless of the era, I would like to thank the UNT Libraries for posting this fantastic historical photograph.  

I hope ya'll enjoy the three-quarter eclipse of the lone star in the Texas sky tomorrow! And, as Mama always says, be sure to wear your NASA-approved glasses.

For information about the picture below:


Total Solar Eclipse in Fort Worth (1878)
                                                
                                                    [Sequence #]: 1 of 1

No comments:

Post a Comment