Saturday, September 16, 2017

Panther City Review 2017

The 2017 Panther City Review, which features emerging writers in North Texas, will be released next Saturday at the Funkytown Creative Arts Lounge on N. Main in Fort Worth. A photograph by my wife, Martina, will grace the cover. I was thrilled to see that her piece was chosen from all of the submissions. This will be her first cover credit.

One of my short stories and a poem were selected for the review. My story, "The Librero," is about a bookman descended from one of the Spaniards who arrived in Texas with Cabeza de Vaca. My poem, if it were a landscape, would be a stark, lonesome prairie. I have not seen this year's Panther City Review yet, but I am looking forward to reading the stories and poems. To my knowledge, there should be work by Rob Bosquez, Robin Goodpaster, Ann Graham, Melisa Hightower, Mark Nobles, and the PCR's publisher, Rachel Pilcher of Sleeping Panther Press.

For specific information about the launch, please follow the link.





No comments:

Post a Comment