Friday, September 22, 2017

Panther City Review Launch: September 23

I am looking forward to the Panther City Review 2017 launch on Saturday at the Funkytown Creative Arts Lounge in Fort Worth. The creative arts lounge is a fantastic space, and I can't wait to speak with the authors and read their stories. Tomorrow I will be reading from "The Librero," a story about a book-dealing descendant of one of Cabeza de Vaca's crew members. One thing I like about the story is that it almost reads like a survey of Waylon County.

Speaking of Waylon County, I received a proof copy of my book in the mail today. When I opened the package, I just stood there holding the book in disbelief. Finally I decided that it was real. Bookmarks and postcards of this very real book will be available at the Panther City Review event on September 23.

If you happen to be in the general vicinity, the Panther City Review launch will be held at 1549 North Main Street in Fort Worth from 4 pm to 6 pm.


Here is a 2016 interview about the Panther City Review with Rachel Pilcher in Fort Worth, Texas magazine.      



No comments:

Post a Comment