Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Brick and Mortar

I love brick and mortar bookstores. Although I can find almost any book I want online, I love walking into a genuine bookstore. I love the smells, the mingling of pulp and coffee. I love stumbling across great titles I would have never known existed were it not for a thoughtful bookseller.

On Saturday, November 11, I will be signing Waylon County at the Restaurant of the Mind bookstore in Saginaw, Texas. This makes me happy for a couple of reasons. First, I am a fan of the Restaurant of the Mind, and, second, I appreciate its location. The store is located across from the old Burrus Mill where Bob Wills, Milton Brown, and the Light Crust Doughboys got their start. The mill also served as the headquarters for Pappy O'Daniel's winning gubernatorial campaign in 1938. I hope some of the good luck across the street passes on to the Restaurant of the Mind and the good people of Waylon County.

Here is an article about the Restaurant of the Mind in the Fort Worth Weekly.



No comments:

Post a Comment