Friday, October 6, 2017

Waylon County Philosopher

In my younger days, I could often be seen with a book of philosophy in my back pocket. The philosopher who fascinated me the most was Socrates, and I was so enthralled by him that I traveled to Athens to visit the agora where he taught. In my work, Socrates turns up in the song, "Byzantium," which I wrote in my mid-twenties, and in Waylon County, which will be released tomorrow.

In "Byzantium," Socrates comes and goes within a single line. In Waylon County, he turns up in a story about a couple of good ol' boys chewing the fat on the porch. As you might imagine, the story, "The Socrates of Waylon County," never gets too highfalutin.


Here is a link to tomorrow's Waylon County launch information:



And here is "Byzantium" performed by Nijak:


No comments:

Post a Comment