Monday, October 2, 2017

Honkytonk Music in Waylon County

A while back, my story called "The Nine Lives of Ivy Lee Jones" was a finalist in the Northeast Texas Writers' Organization's short story contest, which was judged by #1 New York Times best-selling author Colleen Hoover. "The Nine Lives of Ivy Lee Jones" is in the Waylon County collection, and its protagonist, Ivy Lee Jones, also appears in "Opening Weekend."

"Opening Weekend" is set in the Old Coyote Bar, where folks dance to genuine honkytonk sounds. Since I am essentially the proprietor of the Old Coyote, I have filled the jukebox with some of my favorite tunes. So Ivy Lee can't help but find herself dancing to the Texas Troubadour, Ernest Tubb. When it comes to songs to make 'em scoot their boots, you just can't beat E.T.

Although Waylon County launches on October 7, I just realized that the book is now available online. Here is a link:



And here is the man with the guit-steel, Junior Brown, playing "My Baby Don't Dance to Nothing but Ernest Tubb."

No comments:

Post a Comment