Monday, October 9, 2017

Texas Observer Honorable Mention

The ever-vigilant writer and short story blogger, Ann Graham, sent a note of congratulations about one of my stories receiving an Honorable Mention in the 2017 Texas Observer Short Story Contest. Honestly, Ann knew about this before I did. I was glad to see that my story, a satirical piece called "Bathroom Bill Cody," was recognized, and I was also happy to learn that "Lunch in a Desert Town" by Linda Blackwell Simmons, which our writers' group critiqued a while back, had been recognized as well. I was also pleased that Donna Walker-Nixon, who has a piece in the 2017 Panther City Review, received an Honorable Mention. That makes three writers associated with Sleeping Panther Press being recognized by the Texas Observer today. Congratulations, Sleeping Panther Press.

Here is a link to the winning story (and the list of stories that were recognized):



Image result for texas observer

No comments:

Post a Comment