Sunday, March 18, 2018

Bean Queen at the Birthday Bash

This weekend Granbury is celebrating its 40th annual General Granbury Birthday Bash. One of the highlights of this momentous event is the crowning of the Bean Queen. Regular readers of this blog perhaps already know of the giddy joy that fills my heart when I hear mention of such titles. Verily, I do declare, I love to hear about the lovely ladies who have been crowned Miss Snake Charmer, Yamboree Queen, Miss Brisket, and the like. I love this stuff so much that I plan to include a character with such a title in my next book of short stories.

Here is a fantastic photo of a former Bean Queen.

     
Fort Worth's own Phil Hamilton will be performing from 2 pm to 4 pm Sunday (today) at the birthday bash.






No comments:

Post a Comment