Thursday, March 15, 2018

Pi and Cornbread

Yesterday was Pi Day, the day celebrating the famous irrational number that starts with 3.14 and carries out into eternity. When I think of Pi, I think of wrestling around with the area of a circle in junior high. Back in those days, when I was sitting at the kitchen table trying to do my homework, my father was fond of telling me the following:

"Pie-Are-Square? No. Pie-Are-Not-Square. Cornbread-Are-Square. Pie-Are-Round."

I do not know if my delight in such ridiculous humor is due to nature or nurture, but it has certainly manifested itself in either case.


Please click the link below to hear Rita Coolidge covering Guy Clark's "Nickel for the Fiddler," which is the only song I know that includes the words "freaky apple pie." Happy Belated Pi Day!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment