Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Gurf Morlix: Producer Extraordinaire

Gurf Morlix is one of my absolute favorite record producers, and I guess I didn't realize it until a few years ago when I noticed his name on the liner notes of so many of the albums in our collection. To his credit, Morlix has produced Lucinda Williams, Ray Wylie Hubbard, Blaze Foley, the McKay Brothers, Robert Earl Keen, Tom Russell, and many others.

Somehow Morlix creates a sound that speaks to my soul and feels the way I think home is supposed to feel. Even though I have been known to ramble, I have carried a bit of home with me around the world in the form of music produced by Gurf Morlix. 

Last week at SXSW, Morlix took part in a Blaze Foley tribute alongside J.T. Van Zandt, Nikki Lane, and some other folks. Here is Gurf Morlix playing "Crossroads."


No comments:

Post a Comment