Thursday, March 1, 2018

Fate, Texas

When Martina and I lived in Dallas County, we always enjoyed heading down I-30 into East Texas to get a breath of fresh air and enjoy a little elbow room. A couple of my favorite town names that direction are Poetry and Fate. Poetry, I do believe, is a fine name for a town, and I would love to have a Poetry in Waylon County, but that little community in Kaufman County has already claimed the name. Fate is also a fine name, and it appears that the fate of Fate is the fate of much of Texas, considering that the little town has become one of the fastest growing municipalities in Texas.

In fact, Fate has grown so fast that it apparently needed a new water tower bowl in 2016. Here is a time lapse video in case you are curious about how new water tower bowls are installed.


Here is Ray Wylie Hubbard, a former resident of Poetry, playing the only song I know that includes a reference to Fate, Texas, which had a population of about 475 people when the song was released in 1997.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment