Wednesday, April 4, 2018

A Fellow Haltomite

My ol' buddy Shane stopped by to shoot the bull and pick a little guitar this evening. After sharing the latest, we played a few tunes, including one we co-wrote about our grandfathers, who worked together at the packing house in the Fort Worth Stockyards. I've always liked the song, though we've never played it anywhere bigger than my back porch.

That song got us thinking about Fort Worth music, and we got to talking about Cody Jinks, who, though he is a few years younger than us, also graduated from Haltom High School. Shane talked about seeing him play in Justin as well as in the Stockyards. He greatly enjoyed both shows. I have planned to go see him ever since my neighbor, who know Jinks, heard Shane and me playing on the porch. He said that we would like Jinks' music. Well, my neighbor was right. And apparently we aren't the only ones that enjoy Cody Jinks' music. To illustrate that point, here is "I'm Not the Devil," which has received more than 5.5 million hits on youtube.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment