Thursday, April 26, 2018

Talkin' Texican: All Get-Out

I have heard and even employed the term "all get-out" my entire life, but I have never typed the words until just now. In case you were wondering, "all get-out" means "the upmost conceivable degree," or at least that's how our friends at Merriam-Webster define it. 

Here are some examples of how "all get-out" is used:

"I was cleaning my pistol right after my dadburn Concealed Handgun License class and accidentally shot off my kneecap. And I'll tell you what. That hurt like all get-out."  

"That dadgum Satchell Paige is so fast, he can turn out the light and be in bed before it gets dark. That ol' boy is faster than all get-out."


And here's ol' Doug Sahm singing a song that is cooler than all get-out.




No comments:

Post a Comment