Thursday, April 12, 2018

A Pig on a Leash and the New Riders of the Purple Sage

This evening I went to visit my dear ol' dad. About half of the drive is still somewhat country, which is nice considering the rate of development around us. Well, you might be wondering why I would say "somewhat country." I say it because last week when I went to visit my dad, I saw a lady walking a pig on a leash, and I still haven't decided if a pig on a leash would be considered characteristic of a rural or urban environment. So "somewhat country" it is.

On the drive this evening (which yielded no swine sightings), I was listening to the New Riders of the Purple Sage, a long-haired country band featuring Jerry Garcia on steel guitar. The New Riders used to play at the Armadillo World Headquarters in Austin back in the day, and I can only imagine how groovy that scene must have been in the early seventies. Here is a tune I heard while cruising down Roller Coaster Hill.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment