Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Waylon County and the Windmill

After spending twenty-eight years in relentless, unwavering pursuit of my dream, that dream finally came true last fall. My first full-length work of fiction reached publication. To an outside observer, all of those seemingly fruitless years spent scrawling into notepads and hunched over laptops must have seemed quixotic. I must have seemed like a man tilting at windmills. But my resolve never flagged.

As you have likely surmised, the windmill on the cover of Waylon County: Texas Stories is not there by accident. The windmill represents a dream that I chased for almost three decades, and I dedicate that windmill to all of the people who believed in me. I thank them wholeheartedly for the love and encouragement that kept me riding headlong with quill in hand toward that elusive dream.

  


        

No comments:

Post a Comment