Sunday, January 7, 2018

Book Signing in my Old Stomping Grounds

I am pleased to announce that I will be signing Waylon County: Texas Stories at Half Price Books in Watauga on Saturday, January 13 from 1 pm to 4 pm. If you happen to be in the Metroplex next Saturday, please stop by and say howdy.

When my grandfather was in the nursing home a few blocks away, Martina and I visited this Half Price Books with great frequency. Before we would go to the bookstore, we would first take my grandfather, who was on a fairly strict diet, a contraband hamburger or chili dog under my jacket. My grandfather, who was in his eighties, believed in quality of life over quantity of life and regularly petitioned us to bring him a bootleg Whataburger with cheese and bacon or the nastiest chili dog we could find. Being raised to respect my elders, I always did his bidding. Then, after hanging out with him for a while, we would head to the bookstore.

This Saturday come visit me at Half Price Books in Watauga. If you happen to be craving a cheeseburger with bacon and jalapenos, there is a Whataburger across the parking lot.

Half Price Books - Watauga
7620 Denton Highway
Watauga, TX 76148
(817) 605-3285


Image result for waylon county


No comments:

Post a Comment