Monday, January 8, 2018

Stella the Dog

We have a dog named Stella. I like to holler her name in the park like Marlon Brando in "A Streetcar Named Desire." Sometimes I yell her name when it isn't really necessary. I just keep calling her although she is already coming. I just like to yell "Stella."

If it wasn't for books and cunning, we wouldn't have Stella. A few years ago, my wife, Martina, said that she wanted to swing by the bookstore after visiting my grandfather in the nursing home. She knew I would agree, but that wasn't the real reason she wanted to go to the bookstore. What she actually wanted was to see the dogs at the adoption event a little ways down the sidewalk. So we bought a couple of books, and before you could say "Waxahachie," our ol' buddy Rosco had a friend. Yes, I was suckered into getting another dog, but I am glad that I got duped. 

If you are in the vicinity, stop by and see me at the Half Price Books in Watauga, Texas, on Saturday from 1-4. You could end up with a book, a dog, or both. You can never really tell.


Stella (front) and Rosco (back) chilling at the house... 



Here's Willie Nelson singing a cover of the Grateful Dead's "Stella Blue." 




No comments:

Post a Comment