Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Super Blue Blood Moon over Texas

I am no astronomer, astrologer, or eschatologist, but a Super Blue Blood Moon sounds like a pretty big deal. It's "super" because it's close. It's "blue" because it's the second full moon in a calendar month, and it's a "blood" moon because of the color created by the lunar eclipse. The last time this occurred was in 1866, so my wife, not wanting to miss such a rare event, rolled me out of bed early this morning so that we could witness the Super Blue Blood Moon, which was, quite frankly, a beautiful sight to see.

Here is a video of the Super Blue Blood Moon shot somewhere in Texas this morning.


Just for grins, here's a song called "Full Moon over Texas" in celebration of the Super Blue Blood Moon. I would have posted "Super Blue Blood Moon over Texas," but I don't think it has been written yet. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment