Sunday, January 14, 2018

Wagons on the Bricks

Yesterday morning I drove to the Fort Worth Stockyards to meet with my writing critique group, which is led by Rachel Pilcher of Sleeping Panther Press. When I arrived at my destination, there were people on horseback headed down North Main Street toward downtown to take part in the Stock Show parade. I would have stopped to snap some pictures, but I was almost late, and having lived on the German border for a few years, I am now programmed for punctuality.

A few minutes after our meeting started, I saw a wagon train out the plate glass window. At this point, I could not resist the opportunity. I put down my coffee, hastily excused myself, and stepped outside to take a couple of pictures of the wagons rolling along the red brick road. There on the side of North Main, I could not help but grin like an overgrown kid as I watched the covered wagons roll by. You have to love Fort Worth, I thought.   


     

No comments:

Post a Comment