Saturday, January 6, 2018

Cowboy Coffee

When I was growing up, the coffee in the Lone Star State did not taste much better than a hot cup of muddy river water, which actually makes sense considering that the cowboys on the range did not have access to a wide variety of provisions. The coffee tradition seems to have just passed down from generation to generation without anybody thinking too much about it. I reckon folks were just happy to have coffee.

For me personally, coffee was coffee until I visited Seattle in the early-90s, and I must say that the coffee up there made an impression on me. Those folks clearly have a good thing going, and now one particular coffee outfit from Seattle seems to be poised to take over the universe.

To start the day, here is a fine ode to "Cowboy Coffee" by Shake Russell. In the song, he notes that cowboy coffee is "guaranteed to float a pistol."


No comments:

Post a Comment